Clone or download
- Download the latest version as a ZIP or tarball
- Clone with: git clone https://elmord.org/code/hel-0.1
Hel: huangho's Experimental Language
This is a simple, quick-and-dirty compiler from a simple Lisp-like language to C, written in Guile Scheme.
Installing and running
You will need:
- GNU Guile, version 2.0 or above (package
- A C compiler (I've been testing with GCC, but Clang seems to work fine too, if you change
- The Boehm-Demers-Weiser garbage collector library (package
Currently only 64-bit architectures are supported (and I've only tested on x86-64 so far).
src/compile.scm is a Guile program which takes two arguments: a Hel file to compile and the name of the resulting C file.
If you just want to run a Hel program, you can call
src/runhel.sh file.hel; it will compile the Hel file to C, call GCC on it, and run the resulting binary.
Copyright (C) 2017 Vítor Bujés Ubatuba De Araújo
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
For more information, see the file