Clone or download
- Download the latest version as a ZIP or tarball
- Clone with: git clone https://elmord.org/code/mastodon-backup-toots
This is a crude script to download all toots from your own Mastodon
account. It writes output as JSON to
Ideas for the future
- Write a JSON stream to the output file rather than a list. On subsequent runs, append to the stream. Determine the last toot we already downloaded, so next runs can download just the newer toots.
- Split downloaded toots into different files, by year/month.
- Save other account data, in particular favorites. (This way, favoriting becomes a useful thing to do to save interesting things.)
- Proper command-line handling, cleanup, etc.
Copyright © 2017 Vítor Bujés Ubatuba De Araújo
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
For more information, see the file